works of literature that are “fanfiction”
- the divine comedy by dante allighieri is fanfiction of christian mythology
- la morte d’arthur is fanfiction of arthurian legend
- snow, glass, apples by neil gaiman is fanfiction of snow white
- tangled, shrek, beauty and the beast, snow white and the seven dwarfs are fanfiction of the grimm fairytales
- the grimm fairy tales are fanfiction of german folk tales
- all of shakespeare’s works are fanfiction of history and mythology
- the aeneid by virgil is fanfiction of the iliad
- the iliad and the odyssey by homer are fanfiction of greek mythology
- a song of ice and fire by george rr martin is fanfiction of every fucking fantasy trope there is
- fan fiction
- because we all draw
- from the same
- coffer that is called human consciousness
- because we write what we see and what we know
- because art is the representation of life
- to be invested in life is to be a “fan” of it
- to be invested enough to write about it is to produce literature
- i mean seriously
- the new testament is the fanfiction of the old testament
- perhaps in the same way that christianity is fanfiction of judaism
- that has ever been done
- is because something else has preceded it
- because we, as a race, is about progress
- and development
- fanfiction is a modern term
- but the process behind “fanfiction” is old
- and inherent
- in the human
WICKED IS FANFICTION OF THE WIZARD OF OZ
THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA MUSICAL IS FANFICTION OF THE BOOK
AND IT HAS ITS OWN FANFICTION “SEQUEL,” THE PHANTOM OF MANHATTEN
WHICH WAS THEN ADAPTED INTO A MUSICAL
PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES IS FANFICTION OF AUSTEN
ACTUALLY, EVERY “MODERN ADAPTATION” OF A WORK IS A GODDAMNED HIGH SCHOOL AU
SHUT THE HELL UP
Definition of the term 'Fangasm'
- Me: So, Me and the voices in my head were talking the other day.
- Kallie: Like ya do.
- Me: And we all agreed.
- Kallie: If you ever disagree, that's when there's a serious problem.
- Me: Very true. But we decided that if ever Labyrinth were to be remade, if Tom Hiddleston were to be Jareth, we would all be fine with that.
- Me: ...
- Me: …Um... you okay, Kallie?
- Me: Do I need to find a paper bag for you to breath into??
- Me: ….is that a nose bleed…?
- Kallie: *fanning herself* zomg, so yeah, uh...words...
- Me: Right??
- Kallie: *clears throat* I'm with you on this...you and all those voices.
- Me: Good! Because, that would seriously be awesome. Before this I was like 'they better never remake Labyrinth' but then I thought of Tom Hiddleston as the Goblin King, wearing all the things that David Bowie wore and..... wait... what the hell just happened to my ovaries...?
- Kallie: Because my ovaries needed a full scale assault tonight.
Track name: Careless Whisper
Artist: George Michael
Played 13,786 times
Film Log - The Way We Were
Viewed On: June 8, 2011
Opinions: While I enjoy watching Robert Redford on the screen as much as any other gal, this movie wasn’t really worth watching. Seriously. Barbara Streisand’s character is fairly annoying really. She’s very opinionated and very loud about it. Rob’s character is her opposite. Whereas Barb’s character for everything and struggles for it, he is laid back and easily capable of achieving what he wants. They’re opposite but they attract even if by accident. And even though they’re good together at times it never lasts. So they split… The End. Big whoop. If I wanted to watch relationship fail, I’d watch the Kardashians.